2022 NutraDrip Grower Agronomy Meeting
Jason Schley, NextLevel Ag
Combining Chemistry and Soil Health; the Next Level Ag Story
NextLevel Ag goal: Look at the numbers of soil tests and plant information, figure out what they mean and how to make them practical on a farming basis
· There is so much about soil we didn’t know, and are still learning more
· A complete soil test includes chemical, biological and physical aspects.
· Three nutrient pools-constantly change:
1. Total pool -acid digestion
2. Extractable pool
3. Plant available
· Pay attention to every interaction
More in-depth information on nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and calcium.
If you are interested, visit the Next Level Ag website for more information; his lab provides provides really good lab results that are more in-depth on soil sampling and soil health. Jason has also developed an app called Agronomy 365.
"which is a great resource for growers to log into and ask questions and learn more" per Kurt.